Thursday

LLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Translation: Dont let the bastards grind you down.

So being in the first full semester of my upper level classes is a nice little (horribly rude) awakening. Im averaging two papers due every day and about 500 pages of reading. This is not including training and research preparation for my 100 mile backpacking trip to the Appalachian Trail in March, sorority this and that, applying into my degree (by next week ahh!), and trying to have some kind of social life. So in efforts to not let the bastards grind me down I have some photos that have inspired me to be creative lately



This is a cozy backyard wedding, but I would want my backyard to look like this every day.




This is The Beatles with their Yogi, Maharishi. I read a bit about their experience in India in the book "Wonderful Tonight" written by George Harrison's wife, Patti Boyd. I would love to read more about their experience there. I spent a little time in a Tibetan Buddhist temple in Crestone, Colorado this summer and found the history and the culture fascinating. 



Can you tell im on a color kick? This picture is (you guessed it) from Woodstock.




Although I have my mind set on going to Alaska for my 21st birthday, I have been doing a lot of research about traveling to India. Graduation perhaps? Nah, I would rather reward myself with this trip once I get a job and save up some money.




This is one of many pictures that is part of a pretty cool project a woman in Maine is doing. She goes to thrift stores, flea markets, and peoples attics and finds old pictures that people have written on. This makes my heart melt.



A Mess of Links

A quote I wish I would have understood the meaning of long ago, but am so glad I do now.
A dose of cute to make your day.
A cheat-sheet for all you wild child dreamers, like myself.
Another rude awakening from my Environmental Studies class the other day, the carbon footprint calculator.



Thats all folks

2 comments:

  1. I am looking for a green bedding set, and when I google image searched I found perfection pictured on you blog. I have no idea how long ago you posted that, but could you pretty please tell me everything that you remember about it, whether or not you actually purchased it, and where. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, my name is Erin Michele, what does your "M" stand for?

    ReplyDelete